
We were lucky to
get to go up to
Durke's Lake. It is just above Shoshone Falls. It was
such a nice area, lots of big shade trees, a beautiful lake surrounded by
lava rock, and they even had a little snack shack. The swimming area was
surrounded by a dock, a little too
wobbly for my taste, and a diving board. Of course, Mercedes insisted she jump off the diving board, and she did about a hundred times even though I protested. I didn't know how deep the water was and it scared me to death. Carol's
niece,
Fallesha, went with her, and they had to pass a swimming test
in front of a
lifeguard to jump, so that made me feel a little better. She is so brave, and I am such a huge wimp. Some of the bigger kids like Scott, and Jake jumped off the lava cliffs. Crazy!!
Coltrin and Mark, and even me for a
moment stayed in the shallow area where he could play around. Mercedes, and
Coltrin both enjoyed looking for seashells and rocks by the beach.
Adley, mostly hung out with her wonderful cousin, Julie. She is so wonderful. I told her she needed to come and live with us to be our nanny and get our home under control. She didn't act to excited! Oh well, I tried.
Adley, also spent some time with Uncle Jeffy. He is really great with little ones. I think he feels a common bond with
Adley, because they have similar hairlines!
After a few hours at the lake, we went to Shoshone Falls. It is magnificent. Due to my irrational fear of heights, Mark had to go down the stairs to the look out and take a few pics. I guess , that I shouldn't say my fear is irrational, it is
completely rational. If you are up high and you get to close to the edge, you will fall, and you will die! Anyway, I thought we were going to on the way back up from the falls. The road is very small and curves
around the lava rocks. In some spots I don't think you could fit two cars, and sometimes Mark, would get a little too close to the edge, which just happened to be on my side. I panic, and Mark just thinks I am crazy. Anyway, despite the near death experiences, the falls were
beautiful and the day was a blast.
0 comments:
Post a Comment