Monday, February 16, 2009

Third Grade Field Trip, literally! February 6, 2009

Well, Sades, asked Miss Mellor, if I could go on the third grade field trip. Kim, said yes, and so I got to go ice skating. Huge mistake! First of all, Sades starts the day out by saying she has a tummy ache, and doesn't know if she is going to go. I finally get her to school, where she starts bawling, because she doesn't want to ride the bus. Mrs. Loftin, was so nice. She took her under her wing and had her ride by her on the bus. Leslie, is the best teacher, ever! After I had my own panic attack while driving to Seven Peaks, we both arrived fine and dandy. Until we put on our hockey skates and hit the ice. I didn't too bad, but Mercedes, sucked! I was holding onto her by her arm helping her scoot along, when smack, a big third grade girl smashes into me, taking my legs out, causing me to fly through the air and land on my butt, followed, by my back. I felt like I had whip lash, ouch! She was all worried, because she had just taken out, Mrs. Warner. I smiled like I was fine even though I was quite sure that I wasn't. I look over at Sades, and she is bawling because when I went down I took her down with me. Twisting her arm all the way! She thought I had broken her arm. She calmed down, and I slowly got to my knees , made sure I still had all my body parts, bruised and battered like they were, and crawled off the ice. My hand still hurts, and it's been over a week. The next morning I woke up so stiff. I think I may be too old to ice skate. We also went to the Bean Museum. The kids got to see a reptile show, and pet a Gecko. They had a lot of fun walking around and looking at the animals. It was a fun day, and I am glad I got to go with Sades, even though we both had our moments.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't field trips fun. That would totally happen to me. When I was in High School I could ice skate pretty Good, but when I was a leader in YW's we went as an activity and I couldn't stay up for the life of me. Then my skates kept rubbing against my ankles and it hurt. Let's just say I didn't skate to long and I haven't been back to do it again.