Monday, February 16, 2009

A Monster Valentine's Day!

Well, we first started out the day by eating pink pancakes, which my kids were totally grossed out by. Sades wouldn't touch them, and Coltrin finally ate a few. The kid will eat anything that tastes sweet. We went and visited both sets of grandparents. For Valentine's Day, this year, we decided to be very romantic and celebrate it white trash style, at Monster Jam. To my surprise, it was a blast! Coltrin, was scared to death at first. The sound was a little overwhelming, and they had the lights out with flashing lights going off to open the show. After the lights came back on, Coltrin, was thrilled. We were all equipped with ear plugs. The sound was deafening at times. We got to watch the trucks compete, jump, and do free style, which was the best. We also were able to see some motor cross. I can't believe how high they jump. Amazing! Two of the trucks crashed. It was crazy to watch. A big tractor has to come out and pull them back over. One of the guys who tipped over, was in a wheel chair. Not because of the crash, but because he was already paralyzed. We thought that was neat. One of the monster trucks, from Utah, won. His name was Maximum Destruction. He was Coltrin's favorite, along with Backwards Bob, a truck that looked like he was driving backwards. Sades loved Bulldozer, the truck that looks like a big old bull. There were some pretty normal people there. I was surprised. I did however see a couple of guys with flannel shirts on, and they even had the sleeves cut off. It was a great and fun way to spend Valentine's Day with the kids, except Adley, who got to spend the evening with Baylee.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time.There's nothing better than getting your white trash on at monster trucks...we love them.

Stella said...

I love it! It looks like you guys had a blast. I love the pic of you and Sades. Too cute!

Unknown said...

That sounds totally fun. I wish we would of done that instead. I think Demolition Derby's are a little bit more white trash then Monster Trucks though.