Thursday, August 7, 2008

SWIM LESSONS WEEK ONE....

We were excited to fin out that Liam and Jessiane were in our mom and me class.
You can sure tell how much Mark, enjoys watching the lessons.
Mercedes, practicing diving. Mostly the kids just did belly flops.
Sades, practicing he back floats.
Sades and a buddy in her swimming class.
Mercedes, a fish out of water. I will not be surprised if she starts to get scaley and grow gills.
Oops, I put this picture in twice, and I can't get it off!
The first week of swim lessons are behind us. Mercedes, looks forward to swim lessons every summer. She loves the water and is not afraid of anything. I am not sure this is such a good thing. Coltrin, however, thinks he is drowning if he gets water in his eyes. I decided to remedy this by signing up for the mom and me class. Yeah, for me! Mercedes, took them and it totally helped her get over her fear of putting her face in the water, as you can tell. It has helped. Coltrin, tonight was putting his face in the water while looking for the bar of soap in the tub. I was so proud. He kept asking me to watch, like he was performing some amazing stunt. Now, if we can just conquer his fear of the water slide. Dundundun... that's tomorrow. I am sure he will have fun while screaming all the way up the stairs and down the slide. Mercedes, is looking forward to Friday, because they get to jump off the diving board. I on the other hand am looking forward to Friday, because swim lessons will be over.

0 comments: