Monday, March 29, 2010

I Am Thankful For...... Food Of Course!

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving with just our little family and Grump and Grandma at our home. It was different and actually relaxing after everything was prepared. I actually prepared and cooked my very first and my very last Turkey! Disgusting! As I was reading the instructions all I could think was I have to put my hand where and what? Not to mention trying to defrost the big old sucker. I felt like I was bathing a dead person in my sink. There were definite moments that I thought I was going to puke and that I should just wake up Mark and make him do it. After all, I don't even eat the stuff. Oh yeah, and then there's the whole stuffing the thing. Gross! This year I am Thankful for other people who cook Thanksgiving! Truthfully, I am thankful for my family and all that they do, for Mark and all the hard work he does to take care of us and for putting up with me, for my kids (when they mind) and all the joy they bring into my life, and for my friends who keep me laughing. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments: