Thursday, October 9, 2008

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY...

We went up to the cabin for conference weekend. It rained the whole time. The kids were going crazy wanting to go outside and play. It finally looked like this when it was about time to go. Fun indoors! Sades, Coltrin, and Adley had fun playing with the toys and games up at the cabin. It was a good way for them to learn to get along. Grandpa Roy likes to tease Adley by rubbing his beard on her face. I am not so sure she enjoys it. Well, Mark and I got sick of the kids pestering us to go on a four wheeler ride. So, we braved the weather fully equipped with rain slicks and layers of clothes. It was rainy and boy oh boy was it ever muddy. We have taken Mercedes, every year on leaf hunt to get leafs for her teacher. This year, Coltrin, was able to go as well since he is in preschool. Sadly there weren't too many leafs left that looked good. We found a few though. It was crazy cold! Mark and I were freezing and wet, but the kids didn't seem to mind. It was fun to go out and blaze through the mud and rain! I am not sure if Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed all the togetherness we had. Grandpa looks as if he just can't take anymore! Look close, and you will see an actual smile on old and ornery Mark's face. It really does exist! More fun waiting for the rain to go away. Eventually, on the last day it did, and the kids enjoyed playing outside for a short while. I think we are so blessed to have a beautiful and comfortable place to go whenever we want. My parents have been so nice to let us go to the cabin. We just invite ourselves whenever we can. The kids love it up there. Coltrin, is constantly asking if we are going to the cabin. He loves that he gets to play outside all day and get as dirty as he wants. Luckily, we have the huge luxury of indoor plumbing ( I have outhouse issues ) and we are able to take nice hot baths up there. Sades, loves the four wheelers and will not leave you alone when she wants to go on a ride. Adley, she just doesn't care where she is as long as someone is paying attention to her. Luckily, she is pretty darn cute, and we don't mind! This time of year up there is so pretty. It kind of makes me sad, because winter is coming and we are not able to get to the cabin. I always look forward to spring coming so we can get rid of our cabin fever. Thanks mom and dad for working your butts off to provide us with such a great place to make family memories!

2 comments:

Paige and Jason said...

Thoses were some great posts. You are so good to your kids teachers. You inspire me to be better at showing them my gratitude.

Nicki said...

Holy Crap. I can't believe Mark actually has a smile on his face. I i'm glad you guys had a good time, and your leaves looked awesome. You are very talented.