Saturday, October 18, 2008

THE BIG RED BARN AND PUMPKIN PATCH

Coltrin, went on his first field trip to The Big Red Barn in Santaquin on Friday the tenth. I didn't want to miss out on his first experience, so Adley and I tagged along. He has wanted to ride on a "cool" bus for so long. But when it came time to hop on, the little bugger wouldn't budge. So, the clingy mom and the clingy kid rode together in Grandpas truck. When we arrived, they fed us yummy donuts while we waited for our wagon. Coltrin, was so excited to ride on the wagon, and he was very impressed by the big green tractor pulling it. They took us through the orchards down to the pumpkin patch. Each child was able to pick their own pumpkin. Coltrin found his little gem, which seemed to be a bit heavy by the pics. He was so proud of it. We all hopped back on the wagon and headed back to the barn. When Coltrin, found out his pumpkin would be riding the bus, he was more than happy to climb aboard. It was a great trip!
This trip made me think about how lucky I am to have three perfectly healthy kids. The preschool is for special needs kids, and then they have a few kids like Coltrin there to be model students. Anyway, after listening to a few moms talk about their lives, and seeing some of the struggles. I feel so blessed to have the life I have. I do think that this is a great opportunity for Coltrin and me to learn from others with disabilities, and to appreciate what we have.

1 comments:

Lori said...

Angie, I want to say thankyou for letting your little boy be a model for that preschool class. It is AMAZING what the other kids learn from them. You wouldn't know, but a lot of parents hear kids with disabilities in the class and they run. So thank you. My little girl would be lost without her "model" friends.