
Coltrin is three. Do I need to say anymore. I seriously have almost lost it a few times in the past week or so. First, I had just finished the tree and had just looked at to see if it needed any tweaking. I was sick last week, so I sat in the comfy chair to take a rest. When what to my listening ear I heard a huge "CRASH"! What in the world? I am sure that wasn't my exact thought, but something to that effect. I go into the living room, where I witness the toppled over Christmas tree, that I have slaved over for the last few days. Who knows how he did it, and who cares, the damage was done. I left it like for two days because it made me sick to look at the dang thing. I finally started fluffing it up and had put some of the undamaged ornaments back on the lower half. I ran to the store to pick up some things for enrichment, leaving my darling hubby in charge. Sades and I were gone for maybe twenty minutes, and when we came home I found the rest of the bulbs shattered around the living room. The room had been destroyed by something that had to have been way bigger than a three year old. No, it was Coltrin, again! At this point I am done with the tree. He told Amy that he did it because when you hit them with a boot they go "pop"! Well that explains it! Next, he is in the tub, and for the millionth time insists on filling the tub with clean towels. The floor is drenched and all the towels are hanging out in the tub with my darling Coltrin, the menace. Lets see, shredded cheese all over the kitchen floor, broken ottoman, and to top it off a semi nice, but not so nice moment. He hit Adley, and felt bad because she began to cry, so he went upstairs and got a band aid for her head to make her feel better. Good thing he is a cutie, because I am not sure the boy would still be walking around! Oh the joys of having a three year old around.
4 comments:
Holy Cow. I think I would have been crying and locking my child up in a closet..lol. I hope this isn't what I have to look forward to when Alyssa turns 3.
My question is...where was Mark during all this!! Could he not hear the "popping sound?" Crazy kids!
I thought 20 month old Boys were trouble. i can't wait for 3!!
Amy told me the story of the glass bulbs, and i have to admit ... i laughed hard. he's such a cute little kid, mischievous, but cute.
Post a Comment