Thursday, September 18, 2008

OOPS! IT WAS OUR ANNIVERSARY....

Well, it was the day after our anniversary, when I remembered. I guess it's been twelve long years, and in my older state it slipped right out of my mind. Dang it! I am sure I could have gotten something out this, because Mark forgot, too. Anyway, I just wanted to wish Mark, my honey forever (lucky him) a HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY. In celebration of twelve years, here are twelve reasons I love, Mark.
1. He is such a great dad. He helps me with the kids everyday. From baths to diapers, he is always there to lend me a hand. He will take them fishing and help them bait their lines and cast. In fact Sades, is quite the fisherwoman, thanks to her dad. He takes Coltrin to the school with him to check on things. Coltrin loves this. He will sit and hold Adley for hours while she takes a nap, and he is not afraid of poopy diapers. Thanks Dad, for all you do for us!
2. He is such a hard worker. At one time he had three jobs, and still helped out around the house. We didn't have him around much during that time, but he still tried to get things done around the house and yard. I am so glad he only has to have one, now. He was patient, and after five long years, he finally has a job that he enjoys.
3. He is not afraid to do the dishes or vacuum. He is great at cleaning up cars that seem to take over our family room on a regular basis. He even, on occasion has done the laundry and scrubbed a toliet or two. He actually did the bathrooms when I was pregnant with all of our children.
4. He takes great care of our home. Even though somethings are too far gone (the carpet, the stove), he will try to fix anything that is broke. A few weeks ago he had to fix our toilet. He had the whole thing off the floor and outside. He fixed it by unjamming the bar of soap, our darling Coltrin put in it. I guess he thought it needed a good cleaning. I am glad he can fix things.
5. He can build things. He is amazing at making things from wood. I tell him what I think I need and he builds it. He especially enjoys it when I volunteer him for things like enrichment craft night. Cutting out hundreds of projects on a deadline, just doesn't seem to be a problem for him!
6. He is smart. He can think of some pretty creative things, and figure things out that slip passed me.
7. He is a devoted BYU fan. Bad season or good season. He will watch every game, and watch them again if they are replaying it. He listens to the sports radio shows, and checks the stats on the computer. He is a BYU addict. Okay, maybe I don't love this! At least he is true to his team.
8. Mercedes
9. Coltrin
10. Adley
11. He puts up with me. Not many people know this, but I am always late. I know it comes as a surprise to many. He puts up with me being all frazzled because I have taken too long or procrastinated. He doesn't like to be late, but he still sticks around. He also puts up with my craziness. Years of fishing have taught him patience. With three crazy kids, and a not so all together wife, you have to have an ample supply of patience.
12. Most of all I love him because he picked me to be his wife! Does the guy have great taste or what!
I hope you know how much all of us love you and appreciate you for all of the sacrifices you have made for us. You are a wonderful dad and husband!

4 comments:

jaime said...

You guys look so young!! (not that you look old now) Happy Aniversary!

Loni said...

Cute Wedding picture and announcement! Happy Anniversary!

Paige and Jason said...

Happy Anniversary you old farts! LOL

naturaljoy said...

Flash back! Sorry I haven't written yet, life's been crazy. This whole sfhs blog thing is really kinda weird. What's new with you.