Saturday, March 7, 2009
That's just me!
I went to Roberts yesterday, to pick up a few things for enrichment. I filled up my cart with crap and made it over to the checkout. The girl had to cut my ribbon, while she was ringing everything up. It took for freaking ever. When she was all done she told me that the total was something like 637$ I kind of freaked out in my mind, and had a mini stroke, but pulled out my trusty debit card and paid without a question. The cashier was like "Geez lady that's like two cricuts." Yeah, was all I could think, and then I thought oh crap Kera's going to kill me! Now, not all of the things I bought were for enrichment, but a lot was. As, I walked out the door I glanced down at my ginormous receipt, and noticed that I had spent a whopping 536$ on 333 yards of ribbon. I knew right then that the cashier had made a mistake, and wheeled my cart and stupid butt back into the store. I was still having a hot flash moment because of the previous total, and I was now embarrassed that I didn't say something before I paid. The people thought it was funny, and so nicely refunded my money. How many smart people would have questioned the total before they walked away? That's just me. A little bit naive, mixed with a lot too nice, and a huge amount of dumb a#$! Anyway, after that lovely experience I dragged Sades to a few more stores, including JoAnns where we had to have a ton of material cut. Then off to Maceys, McDonalds and Wendys, since no one can agree at our house, and then on the road again. As I made my way through the light and up the hill on highway six, red and blue lights started flashing behind me. Oh crap! I looked at Sades, and said "Now what did I do?" She just looked at me like the dummy I am. The nice officer walked up to me and all I said was, "What did I do?" With a nervous smile hanging on my face. He said I was in one lane and then another, and just wanted to make sure I wasn't out drunk driving. Oops! I told him that I was driving my husbands beater truck (my lovely almost paid for car is in the shop, again), and that I had a hard time driving it. Apparently he could already see that! Any way, he was so nice and just kind of laughed and let us go. Good thing for me that my tooth was feeling better and I hadn't been snacking on pain pills. Sades just started to laugh, and said, "Way to go, Alaska!" That's just me. A drunk driving, pain pill popping Alaskan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
that's hilarious angie! :)
I am also bad at paying attention to what I pay for things. Nick always get's irritated at me for it. Sounds like a very long day for you!
I have been talking to Jessica recently and we both think you should join www.facebook.com so that you can chat with us!
Way to turn on the charm Ang!!! You are awesome!!! Non-confrontal... I'm the same. Can't stay in one lane... same again!!! HA!! Love ya!! Miss you!!! And I agree with the Orr Family... you should join facebook!!! :)
Post a Comment